Intro to interaction design, HTML/CSS, and this course
Here’s what we’ll cover in Tuesday’s class:
- Intros (via Miro board)
- About this course
- Early days of the web
- A first look at HTML and CSS
Demo materials (we’ll use these in class):
A PDF of the slides is on Blackboard.
Usually, you should finish each week’s reading by Tuesday, but that’s not possible for this first two weeks of class. Aim to complete this reading by Friday. You’ll need the HTML/CSS information in order to do the homework project.
- Duckett, HTML & CSS, ch. 1 (available for download)
- Don’t Fear the Internet, HTML (4 min.) and Starting from Scratch (7 min.) videos
- Norman Doors: Don’t Know Whether to Push or Pull? Blame Design, 99% Invisible — watch video (5 min., captioned) or read article
- Start Recipe. Begin work during the week so that you can bring any questions to our (optional) help session on Friday.
Friday help/advice sessions
If we were meeting in-person, Fridays would usually be studio/lab sessions. Since we’re online, you’re welcome to work by yourself, on your own time—Friday attendance is not required. We’ll use Friday studio sessions as space for help and advice.
This week, we’ll have optional help sessions on Friday, with the instructor and 1–3 students at a time. Sign up on Doodle.