Designers create systems. What happens when those systems go out into the world? How can designers improve their work by imagining what someone else might be thinking?
Explore a place located within the District of Columbia, one no more than a fifteen-minute walk of a Metro station. Plan an experience that you would like to share with another student.
Devise a document on paper that will guide another student through your experience.
- Use as many sheets of paper as you want.
- You may alter the paper however you like, so long as the paper will still fit into a bag.
- You may use symbols, drawings, and other markings.
- You may not use words or abbreviations, although letters and numbers (i.e. “A,” “g,” “3,” or “32”) are fine.
- Close-up photos are acceptable, but not other types of photos.
Due 31 January.
Take another student’s tour. Record your experiences and report back to the class. Focus on the usability of the tour instructions.
Due 7 February.