- Introduce yourself on Miro board A (there’s an “introductions” frame over to the right)
- Methods of encoding data
- Elementary perceptual tasks
- (Demo Miro board for today, same password as usual)
Reading (due this week)
- Truthful Art ch. 1 (What We Talk About When We Talk About Visualization)
- Truthful Art ch. 5 (Basic Principles of Visualization)
Do the reading. In some design courses, you can get away with skipping the reading, though your employability and depth as a designer will suffer. This class, though, is heavily technical and runs with shorter meeting times. You will need the information from the reading in order to complete assignments. We will not cover all the material from the reading during class, and you cannot fumble your way toward purely-aesthetic solutions.