Give a short presentation about a notable designer or design firm. Tell us about the designer’s work and how they have affected the broader field of design. Share examples of the designer’s projects.
- Give an 8–12 minute presentation with visual examples like images, video, or physical examples.
- You may create a digital presentation to accompany your talk. PDF is the most reliable format. Test your files in the lab.
- Practice your presentation with a timer. You might want to speak from notes or a script.
- Choose and design your visual materials with care.
- Be prepared to answer questions at the end.
- Turn in a separate PDF document with citations for all of your sources and images.
Do ask me for suggestions, research guidance, and advice about the presentation itself. I am happy to watch practice runs of your presentation.
- April Greiman (Iroda)
- Bill Moggridge (Gage)
- Bryony Gomez-Palacio and Armin Vit (Monica)
- Charles and Ray Eames
- Charles Joseph Minard
- Chip Kidd (Maya)
- Deborah Sussman (Thomas)
- Emmett McBain
- John Maeda (Dana)
- Josef Müller-Brockmann (Nicolette)
- Lance Wyman (Monique)
- Louise Fili
- Luba Lukova (Daisy)
- László Moholy-Nagy (Tiffany)
- Malcolm Grear
- Masamichi Udagawa and Sigi Moeslinger (Nikita)
- Massimo and Lella Vignelli (Paola)
- Nancy Skolos and Tom Wedell
- Paula Scher (Mia)
- Raymond Loewy (Rosemary)
- Rudy VanderLans and Zuzana Licko (Bradley)
- Saul Bass (Bruno)
- Tobias Frere-Jones (Nicholas)