GDES-270 spring 2023 / David Ramos, American University Design
Give a short presentation about a notable designer or design firm. Tell us about the designer’s work and how they have affected the broader field of design. Share examples of the designer’s projects.
- Give an 8–9 minute presentation with visual examples like images, or physical examples.
- You may include up to 2 min. of video. If you use video, your total presentation should run 9–10 min.
- You may create a digital presentation to accompany your talk. PDF is the most reliable format. Test your files in the lab.
- Practice your presentation with a timer. You might want to speak from notes or a script.
- Choose and design your visual materials with care.
- Be prepared to answer questions at the end.
- Turn in a separate PDF document with citations for all of your sources and images.
Do ask me for suggestions, research guidance, and advice about the presentation itself. I am happy to watch practice runs of your presentation.
If you prefer, you are welcome to turn in a pre-recorded video rather than a live presentation.
- April Greiman
- Bill Moggridge
- Bryony Gomez-Palacio and Armin Vit
- Charles and Ray Eames
- Charles Joseph Minard
- Chip Kidd
- Deborah Sussman
- Emmett McBain
- John Maeda
- Josef Müller-Brockmann
- Lance Wyman
- Louise Fili
- Luba Lukova
- László Moholy-Nagy
- Malcolm Grear
- Masamichi Udagawa and Sigi Moeslinger
- Massimo and Lella Vignelli
- Louise Sandhaus
- Nancy Skolos and Tom Wedell
- Paula Scher
- Raymond Loewy
- Rudy VanderLans and Zuzana Licko
- Saul Bass
- Tobias Frere-Jones